Thursday 2 December 2010

And Here's Norman With The Weather...



"I like the name Space Weather. If nothing else 'cos it reminds me of the weather guy from Family Guy who shouts "space weather" in one of the Star Wars episodes. If you've not seen it there's possibly nothing funnier than watching a large black man shout space weather at you really loudly. Anyhoo Space Weather are a bunch of Scottish experimentalists who knock about with the Sonic Oyster lot, Richard Youngs etc. from what I can tell. On this cutesy 3" CD you get bass and electric guitar and the now obligitory synth. This is kinda spacey sounding as well... Bits of it remind me of Plight & Premonition (Holger Czukay & David Sylvian) with its weird sounding radio noises and occasional melodic tones. I reckon if you lived in space and took loads of drugs this would be what you'd hear all day and that's a good thing!" Phil from Norman Records

No comments:

Post a Comment